Treating tooth decay in dentistry is one of the primary reasons to visit our dentists for bi-annual professional cleanings. Even if you brush and floss your teeth every day, there may be some spots that you are missing that only a dentist can spot and clean. Even the smallest missed patch in your cleaning routine can lead to tooth decay.
Here are some things you should know about tooth decay:
– One of the most frequent causes of tooth decay is through the development of plaque buildup in your mouth, which is a thin layer of bacteria capable of re-establishing sugars into harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel.
– If left untreated, tooth decay can ultimately lead to tooth loss.
– To protect your smile against tooth decay, always make consistent visits to our dentists and brush twice daily and floss once daily.
– When a hole in your tooth enamel forms due to tooth decay, this is termed a cavity. Thankfully, cavities can be treated with dental fillings.
– Tooth decay is a common, yet serious oral health failure that is caused by the destruction of your tooth enamel.
If you would like to speak with Dr. Murray, Dr. Mazur, and our team about tooth decay, please schedule an appointment at Allure Dental in Lafayette, IN, by calling [phone]. The future of your oral health is yours to control, let us help make it great!