Having proper oral care is easy when you have the right information and tools to help you. Keeping up with your dentist regularly, and maintaining your brushing and flossing habits, this will help you keep your smile clean and bright for years to come. However, here are five other tips to remember at home to keep your smile in perfect shape.
These five tips include:
1. Teeth are not tools: Many people use their teeth if they struggle gripping things or opening things. This can chip, weaken your teeth and enamel, and even fracture your teeth over time. This habit can be easily avoided if you chose to use other methods than your teeth.
2. Talk to your dentist if you grind your teeth: Grinding your teeth is common among people as they sleep. Clenching their jaw and grinding teeth can be a sign of stress and anxiety. By talking to your dentist, they can provide you with help and assistance to protect your teeth and decrease jaw pain and soreness.
3. Don’t chew hard things: Many people chew or suck on things that are not meant to be chewed causing harm to your teeth. If you chew ice, popcorn kernels, fruit pits, or even bite your nails, you can be putting your smile at risk of injury. Why not try chewing softer things like gum and soft fruit for a tasty snack.
4. Choose your toothbrush wisely: Your toothbrush is the weapon you should use daily to fight off cavities and tooth-decay. By choosing a soft bristled toothbrush, you can avoid hurting your gums and teeth. It is also important to remember to change your toothbrush every 4-6 months to keep bacteria from forming on your toothbrush.
5. Mouthwash is your friend: Mouthwash is important to keep your smile healthy and bright. If you use a mouthwash with cavity fighting properties, this will aid your floss and toothpaste in fighting against cavities and gum disease.
If you have any questions about your oral health, please feel free to call our office Allure Dental and make an appointment at 765-477-0331. We are here to address any questions or concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us give you a healthy smile.